[Xen-users] Choosing best io elevator/scheduler for dom0

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:56:26 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:57:56 +0000

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best io elevator/scheduler for
dom0.

As far as I know, each domU virtual disk device is seen as single process in
dom0.. correct?

Then, say, I have domU with 3 devices (sda1,sda2,sda3).. and I access all of
those 3 devices in domU.. that would make 3 processes doing io in dom0?

elevator=cfg would be a good pick to share the io load fairly? Or
elevator=deadline to minimize the io latency..

Thanks for your comments!

(btw: http://www.redhat.com/magazine/008jun05/features/schedulers/
contains db benchmark also using different elevators)

-- Pasi

                                   ^
                                .     .
                                 Linux