[Xen-users] xenmon.py not running on SLES 10 Beta 8

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:58:28 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:00:14 +0000

Hi,

for SLES 10 Beta 3 I wrote a small monitoring-tool, based on xenmon.py that shows me the CPU-load etc. in a web-browser.

Unfortunately "xenmon.py" is not running anymore since SLES 10 Beta 4 and therefor my script isn't running anymore too :-(

If I start it I get the following error:
lx-xen:/usr/sbin # python xenmon.py
xenbaked: no process killed
ms_per_sample = 100
Initialized with 1 cpu
CPU Frequency = 1303.00
ERROR: Failed to mmap trace buffers (14 = Bad address)

And instead of showing s.th. about the processor-usage I only get a "blank" table:

 CPU = 0        Last 10 seconds                        Last 1 second
                   0.00%                                  0.00%

Do you have any idea what's goinig on there? Is there an other possibility to get the actual CPU-load for every CPU into a Python-script instead of using the shared memory with xenbaked (s.th. like "xm top" is using)?

Thanks a lot for any answers in advance,
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf