Re: [Xen-users] DNAT TCP checksum error

Im not an expert on this either, I have just had to deal with it myself very
recently.  A post went out on the devel list earlier
talking about theoretical reasons as to why the tcpchecksum code is disabled
for virtual interfaces.  I have posed the question back to
the devel list asking for a clarification as to why that is done and if it
could just be removed since it seems to impact a lot of
people (everyone that isn't bridging as far as I can tell). As for fixing it in the kernel, you can edit the file drivers/xen/netback/interface.c . look for the line dev->features = NETIF_F_NO_CSUM;

and replace it with

dev->features        = 0; /*NETIF_F_NO_CSUM; */

which as I understand it will re-enable checksums at the virtual interface
level and worked very well for me.  If I hear something back on why this code
is set to
disable checksums, I will post it to here.

--
Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,