[Xen-users] Re: routing in xen 3.0 domU: icmp gets routed, but tcp/ip only partially

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:48:18AM +0200, Peter Fokkinga wrote:
> I have a really strange routing problem that no amount of
> googling and experimenting has been able to solve. Then
> again, I'm new to Xen and "advanced" networking, so I could
> be missing something very basic.

My 'very basic' on fairly similar symptoms was some default rules that the
Xen networking scripts were inserting -- in my case, the FORWARD chain had
it's policy set to DROP.  Open that up and all was good.

I'd check your dom0 and your routing domU iptables listing (both the filter
and nat tables) for *any* rules and policies which could possibly be causing
hassles.  It's the simplest, most obvious thing to overlook -- and I was
stumped for waaaaay too long by it.

- Matt