Re: [Xen-users] cannot build xen 3.0.2 with custom config

Sorry realized I didn't do a reply to All

Stephen, did you try this yet?

Try a "make help" in the xen3.0.2 directory. It shows all the options to
build. My recommendation would be:

make xen            *installs the Xen Hypervisor
make tools           * installs all the Xen tools

* create the DomU kernel
make linux-2.6-xenU-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
make linux-2.6-xenU-build
make linux-2.6-xenU-install
mkinitrd -v -f initrd-2.6.16-xenU.img 2.6.16-xenU

* create the Dom0 kernel
make linux-2.6-xen0-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
make linux-2.6-xen0-build
make linux-2.6-xen0-install
mkinitrd -v -f initrd-2.6.16-xen0.img 2.6.16-xen0

Then just modify the grub.conf file with the new Dom0 kernel and initrd, and
the DomU domains with the new DomU and it should work. I think it will take
a reboot though to get the new Hypervisor in place.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>