Re: [Xen-users] domU's disk organization

Hi,

alteon ad3 with a NAS to serve data filesystems) to serve as web, mail
One of our prerequisites is that we need a configuration in which we
could migrate one server from a xen node to other as easy as posible.
This was very easy if we'd had a SAN, but we haven't got it :-(
why do you need a SAN for accessing a shared media for the image-files of the Xen-domU's?
For this you also can use a simple NAS f.ex. based on Linux with NFS!

Moslty it's a question of money and the needed availability what you use as shared media, I used f.ex. a NetApp NFS-server and a simple Linux-PC with NFS connected to Gigabit-LAN-environement and had quite good experiences also with live-migration I used to realize a simple load-balancing!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf