Re: [Xen-users] DomU boot EXT2-fs warning question

TRY

mkinitrd -v -f --with=ext3  /boot/initrd-KERNEL-xen-ext3.img KERNEL

add a ramdisk line on your domU config like this

ramdisk="/boot/initrd-KERNEL-xen-ext3.img"

remember to replace KERNEL with your KERNEL version

xm destroy domU
xm create domU -c

test if the problem is fixed.

google is your friend, search on google about kernel initrd

> search on google
>
> mkinitrd
>
> read about ramdisk option in your config /etc/xen/domU.conf
>

> Hi There,
>
> Can you explain what you mean by this? Sorry for the lamo question!
>
> Simon
>

> > Hi There, We have a debian domU that is using LVM-backed VBD's as
> > drives. When i formatted the LVM partitions, im pretty(!) sure that i
> > formatted them as ext3 drives. They mount OK as a ext3 drive under the
> > dom0... but when booting the domU, i get this:
> >
> > EXT2-fs warning (device hda1): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem
> > as
> > ext2
> > VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
> >
> > Still works OK tho. Any ideas?

Hi There,

Can anyone help me with a little more information on how to attack
this problem? I dont really have enough to move forward.

Thanks