[Xen-users] Xen won't boot: dom0 image is not a Xen-compatible Elf image

Hello folks

I strive to get Xen up and running, but only make a slow progress in it.

My current trouble is that I get this "dom0 image is not a Xen-compatible Elf
image" shortly after the Xen starts to boot. Then the computer reboots.

I installed Xen from sources (downloaded from
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/xen-3.0-testing-src.tgz)
, built with the gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13) by typing:

make linux-2.6-xen-config CONFIGMODE=xconfig
(here I did some kernel configuration changes)
make install

Then I created initrd with mkinitr and added following lines to menu.lst:

title Xen-3.0
root (hd0,2)
kernel /boot/xen-3.0.gz dom0_mem=150000 console=vga
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-xenxen root=/dev/hda3 ro console=tty0
module /boot/initrd.img-2.6.16-xenxen

Do you think you could help me with that? (I saw similar question in this
forum, but without response.)

Thank you very much

Ales Cervenka