[Xen-users] Network Configuration Needed - NAT plus 2 NICs

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Kevin Gill \(Newaddress\)" <Kevin.gill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:20:37 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 03:51:07 -0700

Hi,

I need help configuring a second network interface in a NAT
configuration with Xen 3.0.1.

** Background

I have set up a server using Xen 3.0.1. I am using Amd64 bit version of
Ubuntu. I have a dom0 and 3 domU's, for apache (10.0.0.1), application
server (10.0.0.2) and database server (10.0.0.3).

I have a NAT setup. I am forwarding port 80 and 443 to the apache dom,
and database and cvs pserver requests to the database server.

All worked excellently out of the box.

** Problem

My Server has:
        Primary Interface eth0, ip address 217.114.173.143
        Secondary Interface eth1, ip address 10.0.1.3

The dom0 domain can use both interfaces, and traffic coming in on
10.0.1.3 is correctly forwarded to the appropriate server (IP TABLES /
NAT).

The domU's are configured to use the primary interface, eth0. From
looking at the Xen Networking document,
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking it appears that I have
to configure two virtual network interfaces in the domU's. However, the
documentation seems to be for bridging. I do not know how to set up a
NAT configuration with two interfaces.

My difficulty is in setting up the vif's on eth1. I presume that once
they are setup, mapping them into the domU's is simply a matter
modifying the xen configurations.

If anyone has a working setup using dual NICs and NAT on Xen 3.0.1, can
you please send me your network-nat, vif-nat and any other configuration
changes I will need.

Alternatively, I could have got this completely wrong and I may have to
modify my IPTABLES configuration instead. If this is the case, again
please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Gill
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or
the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **