Re: [Xen-users] Re: mount: unknown filesystem type 'devfs'

Markus Schuster wrote:

Ernesto Rodriguez Reina schrieb:
[..]
mount: unknown filesystem type 'devfs'
SCSI subsystem initialized
register_blkdev: cannot get major 8 for sd
umount: devfs: not mounted
mount: unknown filesystem type 'devfs'
umount: devfs: not mounted
pivot_root: No such file or directory
/sbin/init: 432: cannot open dev/console: No such file

Do you use the default kernel images that came with XEN? If so, they
don't include devfs support and so a standard debian initrd won't work,
as it is heavily based on devfs.
I get very good results using yaird as initrd toolkit. There are
backports available for sarge, have a look at http://www.backports.org/.

Greetings,
Markus

Hi again, thanks for answering i tried yaird and i got an error again:

megaraid: 2.20.4.5 (Release Date: Thu Feb 03 12:27:22 EST 2005)
register_blkdev: cannot get major 8 for sd
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 1 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 2 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 4 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 8 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 16 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Device /sys/block/sda/dev seems to be down.

I  also try to use lvm2create_initrd and then got:

RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 3368KiB [1 disk] into ram disk... done.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 188k freed
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

I have tried both Xen and XenU kernel but i always got a kernel panic.

Any ideas?

Does someone built xen from source and make work a lvm2-root domU?

Regards,
Ernesto