Re: [Xen-users] Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Peter Fokkinga skrev den 14-04-2006 21:22:
Quoting Morten Christensen <mc-xen@xxxxx>:
I am completely new to Xen. Trying to run it on a Kubuntu Dapper with
packages and kernel from debian.thoughtcrime.co.nz.

When I try to start a domU with

xm create -c /etc/xen/vm01.cfg

it says:

Using config file "/etc/xen/vm01.cfg".
Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Things to check:
 * volume(s) exported to vm01 should NOT be mounted (in dom0 or
   other active domU's)
 * bridges referred to in the vm01.cfg should exist in dom0
   (check with ifconfig)
 * does directory /var/run/xenstored exist
 * does directory /var/lock/subsys exist

I have tried all 4, but none of them helped me.
Both directories were missing, but it did not help to create them.
I remember having 'No such file or directory' problems myself,
and I've been bitten by the previous points. Unfortunately, I
can't remember which problem resulted in 'No such file or
directory', nor if it was 'xm create' or a different script
that gave this error.

Still, can't hurt to check the things above.

I'm running Xen 3.0.2-2 on Ubuntu Dapper btw.

Cheers, Peter
Good to know it is possible. Sad that it is not for me.

--
Morten Christensen