Re: [Xen-users] Xen dom0 kernel, capi driver: unknown symbol

Am Dienstag 18 April 2006 18:05 schrieb Andrew Thompson:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 03:46:37PM +0200, Nicolas Chabbey wrote:
> > dmesg:
> > fcpci: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
>
> Basically it seems you're using a module that is not GPL and the kernel is
> objecting.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=module+license+'Proprietary'+taints+ke
>rnel

The kernel is objecting (warning the user about being tainted after loading
the module because of licensing issues), but this is irrelevant for his
problem. The module doesn't fail to load because of the kernel warning, but
because of the missing symbol.

And, basically, Richard Stallmans "free must be free and nothing but free" is
not a bug, it's a feature of the GPL. But this is a rather basic object of
discussion, which I fear is inappropriate for this list. ;-)

--- Heiko.