Re: [Xen-users] Running VMware image in a XEN domU.

> Hi All, recently I have been using VMware to install and test software
> app. I would like to know if it is possible to take
> a vmware image and run it in a XEN guest (domU) space. That would be
> really cool it that is possible!

You'd need to find a tool to convert the VMware image to a Xen-compatible disk
image (Qemu may have tool for this, I think).  Also, if you don't have
virtualisation-aware hardware you'd need to figure out a way of adding a
Xenified kernel to the image.

Alternatively, you could run Qemu in a domU but this won't be as fast as using
VMware directly or using Xen with VT / SVM.

Cheers,
Mark