Re: AW: [Xen-users] cowloop and XEN - doesn`t work for me

Hi,

did you get any result for cowdevices... I tried to start a domain with a cowdevice and I got this kernel panic:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,1)

Is there any possibility, so that DomU can handle this block device?

Thanks for any help
Mattes

Stephan Seitz wrote:

Hi,

to get cow capabilities, i used cownfsd ( http://www.russross.com/CoWNFS.html ) on an external box, targetting to a mounted cluster-fs. domU's (as well as the dom0's) of the xen boxes has been booted from this cow-enabled nfs shares. in small setups, a cownfsd should also work on a single domO. your target may vary, but my intention was keeping the fs as transparent as possible to the domU's.

greetings

Stephan Seitz