Re: [Xen-users] still checksum errors with xen-3.0-testing.hg

Peter Fokkinga wrote:
Quoting Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>:

It would really help us if those of you who were having
problems and needed to use ethtool to turn offload off,
could try latest bits without doing that.

If you are still experiencing problems and turning offload
off still is a workaround, please let us know!

Without ethtool I still get checksum errors. I'm using changeset
9646:a8da66acde0c from xen-3.0-testing.hg  While not the very
latest changeset I do think (judging from the changelog) that
this includes all checksum offload patches.

Thanks for the problem report, Peter. Yep, so you
are using the recently added PCI passthrough stuff?

We have not yet added any tests for that environment
or looked into it yet. Would be good to add that case
to an xm-test configuration. Will let you know once
we get to that one.

At the moment, our assumption has been that the physical
NICs are in dom0. There is probably other stuff to shake
out in driver domain support.

thanks,
Nivedita

My bridges are connected to dummy devices btw (real NICs are
connected in domU's), maybe this is unusual? Some systeminfo
at the end of this mail

Cheers, Peter

root@bebop:~# xm info
host                   : bebop
release                : 2.6.16.10-xen0
version                : #1 Mon Apr 24 21:05:43 CEST 2006
machine                : i686
nr_cpus                : 1
nr_nodes               : 1
sockets_per_node       : 1
cores_per_socket       : 1
threads_per_core       : 1
cpu_mhz                : 2261
hw_caps                : afe9fbbf:00000000:00000000:00000040:00000180
total_memory           : 1015
free_memory            : 290
xen_major              : 3
xen_minor              : 0
xen_extra              : .2-2
xen_caps               : xen-3.0-x86_32
platform_params        : virt_start=0xfc000000
xen_changeset          : Sat Apr 22 11:42:34 2006 +0100
9646:a8da66acde0c
cc_compiler            : gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu4)
cc_compile_by          : peter
cc_compile_domain      : lan
cc_compile_date        : Mon Apr 24 20:54:03 CEST 2006

root@bebop:~# brctl show
xenbr1          8000.ca167f8e9b53       no              dummy0
                                                        vif1.1
                                                        vif2.0
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.0
                                                        pdummy1
                                                        vif1.0
                                                        vif3.0