Re: [Xen-users] Xen domU as a poptop/pptp server

Hi Simon,

Yura is right - I did the same thing just recently - xen 3.0.2 / 2.6.16 is a lot easier to work with for MPPE. I wrote a little write up about compiling xen 3.0.2 from source on debian sarge here: http://www.quintin.co.nz/

Just make sure you copy the /lib/modules/2.6.16-xen into the domU and do a modprobe and you should be away.

Best Regards,

Quintin

Yura Pismerov wrote:
You will have to build XEN 3.0.2 (from the source).
It uses 2.6.16 kernel which has PPP_MPPE in it.

Simon wrote:
Hi there,

I have setup a debian sarge domU as a poptop pptp server for our
roaming users to connect to the internal network. I have everything
working fine, but the MPPE 128-bit encryption part as that requires
kernel-patch-mppe as a package.

I am using xen 3.0.x packages from
packages.debianbase.de/sarge/i386/xen3 and using the default kernel.

What would be the way to sort this out? Do i have to compile my own
dom0/domU kernel to get this sorted?

Thanks

Simon