Re: [Xen-users] Oppinions about Thunder K8HM

On Thursday 04 May 2006 21:45, Goetz Bock wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is anyone using a Tyan Thunder K8HM (S3892) with Xen? Or can recommand a
> (different) mainboard for:
>
> - dual dual-core opteron
> - about 16GB of RAM
> - two Gbit ports (for GNBD)
> - one (or more) SATA ports (system disk)
> - at last one PCI-X 133 slot.
>
> Thanks a lot.

I recently installed a server with xen, Tyan K8QS (S4882) Mainboard, 4x
DualCore Opteron, 16GB of Ram.
Internal SATA Ports are unused, but the driver for them loads fine.
An Areca 24xSATA Raid6 controller works fine in it, after patching the driver
into the kernel.
Board has 2xGBit Lan, 2xPCI-X 133 + 2xPCI-X 66, and an on-board LSI SCSI 320
Controller, which works fine, too.

/Ernst