Re: [Xen-users] Xend breaks Networking on Dom0

Anoop Rajendra wrote:
And that exactly the problem.

xend starts from a startup script and shuts down eth0.

I have to physically login to the machine and restart xend using /etc/init.d/xend restart, and only then eth0 comes up again along with all the other virtual interfaces.

Networking is breaking because eth0 is *already* up when xend starts. You need to tell your distro not to start eth0 automatically (in centos I believe you need to edit the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file), and simply let xend do it. It should then start it up in the correct state.

Alex

--
Alex Brett
alex.brett@xxxxxxxxxx