Re: [Xen-users] How do you manage your domU kernel modules?

Matthew Palmer wrote:
> Just doing Xen 3.0.0 to Xen 3.0.2 upgrades here, and realising that copying
> the modules for the new kernel into all of the domUs is a massive pain.
> What do people do to alleviate this pain?  NFS mount in all the domUs?
> Manual copying?  Some sort of pre-boot autocopy?  Some other clever way?
> I've got a mix of self-managed and customer-managed VMs, which complicates
> matters slightly.
>
> Keen to hear people's ideas, as I really can't identify a clear winner from
> the options I can think of -- but then, I've got no practical experience
> with most of them, so I don't know all the benefits and drawbacks.
>
> - Matt

Don't use modules. :)  I used to rsync them whenever I'd upgrade the
kernel, which is seldom.  There usually isn't a need, however.  I only
use a few for GFS or IPVS, but Gentoo portage builds them for me in each
domU that needs them.

--
Christopher G. Stach II