[Xen-users] Dom0 boot failure with latest xen-unstable

ewHi,

So, I've been struggling with some strange problems in my Xen-powered server, and I decided that before I ask the list i'd better upgrade to the latest xen code (famous last words). So I downloaded and installed xen-unstable-src.tgz as of 5/8.

The boot process on the system now goes something like this: The xen part goes ok. The 2.6.16 kernel starts loading. Then it freezes. First it froze loading the lp driver. I built a new kernel with the parallel port driver as a module. So now it freezes loading the USB driver. I built another kernel with Xen's default config (the previous one was mine, optimized for my MB), that one froze somewhere during IDE bus scanning. Basically, every time I change something in the xen0 kernel build, it freezes at a different place (unrelated to the change).

I just tried building Xen using xen-unstable.3-src.tgz (the oldest tarball available, from the 6th), still same problem.

It's very amusing, I know. Now, if anyone could stop laughing long enough to say if they can guess what's going on, I'd be very grateful.

TIA, Itai