Re: [Xen-users] support of smbfs

Hi Aurelien,

> Hi,
>
> Here's my problem : I want to use a domU (ubuntu) with the support of
> smbfs.
> My xen dom0 is lauching with 2.6.12.6-xen0, but there's no smbfs
> inside /lib/modules/fs nor inside my domU 2.6.12.6-xenU.
> So, here's my question : Do i need to "install" it inside the xen0
> modules, or inside my xenU modules ? And how to "install" it
> (compiling?) ?

If you want to use smbfs in domU you have to prepare your domU kernel.
Change to your 2.6.12.6-xenU kernel directory and type:

# make menuconfig

Mark "File systems --> Network File Systems --> SMB file system support"
with "M" for a module or "*" for build-in. Exit and type:

# make

Your kernel will be build. If you have chosen to build a module, type:

# make modules_install

Don't forget to copy the modules to your domU system so that the kernel
could load the modules.

Regards
Matze