[Xen-users] Cannot access domU's network in a network-route and vif-route setup

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Md Mooktakim Ahmed" <mma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:42:47 +0100 (BST)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 12 May 2006 04:43:18 -0700

Hello,

I have setup my domU's with route. Everything is working with my domU's. I set
the
default route to be eth0, which allowed them to access the outside world.
I can install firewall on the domU, but i haven't been able to install one on
dom0 (it
stops the domU's network working). But anyway this email is about dom0 not
being able to
talk to domU's.

See its a strange thing. I hadn't noticed this before becuase i usually ping
things to
test it. Ping works just fine. I can ping the domU's and they will respond.
However if i try anything like ssh, no response.
So i have a look at iptables -L :

ACCEPT     all  --  MY_DOMU_HOSTNAME  anywhere            PHYSDEV match
--physdev-in vif1.0
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            PHYSDEV match
--physdev-in
vif1.0 udp spt:bootpc dpt:bootps

It seems only UDP's are getting through. I can't connect to the domU's using
any TCP
transport.
Has anyone had this problem before?
I haven't changed anything special to the vif and network -route files. I'm
using the
latest stable xen, installed on Centos 4.3 (without rpm).

Also in an ideal world i would like to install Shorewall on my dom0 and still
have the
independent network on the domU's (install their own firewall's if needed).

Thanks for the help.