[Xen-users] Driver Domains

Hi,

I am wondering whether the mechanism of "driver domains" or "backend domains" is currently supported in Xen 3.02.
Maybe someone can shed some substantial light on this.

I derive that there is some concept like any domU can be a backend domain for block or network devices from the fact only that both "xm network-attach" and "xm block-attach" support the "backend" parameter (at least according to the current man page). Also some mail authors in this list have used "netif=1" and "blkif=1" to define a domU as backend domain.

When I try to put this in to practice, though, I - and apparaently others as well - get turned down with a "device could not be connected, hotplug scripts not working".

What I do is this:

1.) in the "serving" domain:
netif=1 (also tried netif = 'yes')
name=serveit

2.) for the "receiving" domain
network-attach <domid> backend=serveit

or

1.) in the "serving" domain:
blkif=1 (also tried blkif = 'yes')
name=serveit

2.) for the "receiving" domain
block-attach <domid> file:/var/image/myimage.disk hda2 r serveit

Any ideas?

Thx a lot. Cheers,
Andrej