Re: [Xen-users] PCI passtrough in HVM Domain ?

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 02:22:17PM +0200, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> 1. Use an IOMMU - unfortunately, there's none available for common x86
> hardware today [IBM has one, which is used for large MP systems, I
> think - not sure if it's x86 or PowerPC based].

It's both - the same chipset is used in both PPC and x86 based
servers. We posted prooof of concept patches to enable usage of it for
paravirtualized domains a couple of months ago at
http://www.mulix.org/code/patches/xen/calgary-xen-A1 and
http://www.mulix.org/code/patches/xen/calgary-xenlinux-A1. We have
updated patches for xen-unstable that we're in the process of cleaning
up and will post Real Soon Now.

Cheers,
Muli