[Xen-users] Computer restarts after creating new guest

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jacob <jacobchappelle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 00:59:16 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 20 May 2006 00:59:47 -0700

After I create a new guest with the Xen on Ubuntu, using

'xen-create-image --hostname=vmubuntu1'

I can create a new guest partition, it formats, and seems good, but when it begins copying files to the partition to install the guest O/S... my computer restarts

I have an AMD64 and yes, I'm using the version for this hardware. Yes, I have tried reading all the documentation, and also the dokumentation. However, Xen's documentation is very lacking.

If anyone has this Xen running on Ubuntu Linux, please let us know what you did to get it working. Screenshots, links, tricks, whatever, just let us know.

Thanks,

Jake
--
¯\(o_°)/¯