[Xen-users] smbfs support in domU, domU kernel compilation problems

Hi!

I would like to add smbfs support to domU but I have problems with kernel
compilation.

I have a xen 3.0.1 dom0 on debian sarge (source installation).
I have customized my dom0 kernel with "make menuconfig" inside
linux-2.6.12-xen0 directory
and now I want to add smbfs+cifs (compiled in/not modules) support to my domU
kernel in a similar way.

After running "make menuconfig" in linux-2.6.12-xenU directory, selecting smbfs
support and
running "make world" in /usr/src/xen compilation starts.
After installation and rebooting of domU domains smbfs still isn't supported.
Once again I went to linux-2.6.12-xenU directory, started "make menuconfig"
only to find out
that all options have been "reset", thus there is no smbfs/cifs support.
During domU kernel compilation I don't see any "fs/smb*" lines.
What am I doing wrong?

Exact order of commands:
cd /usr/srv/xen/linux-2.6.12-xenU
make menuconfig (add support to smbfs/cifs)
cd .. (/usr/srv/xen)
make world (compilation)
make install
(reboot of domU domains)