Re: [Xen-users] Problems starting HVM domain

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Nate Carlson wrote:
OK, if I use SDL, then I can do a Windows install until the reboot.. at the reboot point, I change boot="d" to boot="c", but never get anything but a black screen, although the CPU usage counters do continue to increment. I am doing a remote X display - could that be causing issues?

If I try to use vnc=1, I get the following in /var/log/qemu-dm.X.log:

xen:/etc/xen# cat /var/log/qemu-dm.8434.log
domid: 16
qemu: the number of cpus is 1
Connected to host network interface: tun0
shared page at pfn:18401, mfn: 10eeaa
Warning: could not read keymap - falling back native keycodes!
Could not initialize keyboard
xen:/etc/xen#

..this happens both when compiled with LibVNCserver 0.7 and 0.9-pre (CVS).

I got this working. I was building Debian packages myself, and missed /usr/share/xen/qemu/*. D'oh! Added those, and VNC works.. however, the mouse movement is *way* off. :)