Re: [Xen-users] Re: Re: Redundant server setup

Paul M. wrote:
> If you have a few machines to devote to file storage than a cluster
> file system is the best way to go. Having dom0 on each of the machines
> provide a CFS<-->NFS bridge for the domUs and a Nagios server running
> to monitor services/domU's and restart on other machines if needed
> would provide a system with the network being the only single point of
> failure. And that could be taken care of too....
> -Paul

I would only recommend involving NFS for those users who have been
delegated the responsibility of throwing performance into the toilet.
There's no need to involve an extra lock manager and incur extra
communications overhead, and more processing for dom0.  It could even be
dangerous.

--
Christopher G. Stach II