Re: [Xen-users] Re: Re: Redundant server setup

Javier Guerra wrote:
On Friday 12 May 2006 8:31 am, Matthew Wild wrote:
But as far as I can see, DRBD only provides twin machine shared storage. I
have a few servers I want to use as dom0s and since they are generally
simple 1U boxes I want them as clean from local storage as possible. The

this is a setup i'd be willing to use:
(of course, if money isn't an issue, i'd buy some big iron storage from EMC or such)

1) a box with two GigE and big SATA disks, (there's a nice supermicro 3U box with 15 bays, i'd do two 7-disk RAID5 plus one hotspare). Call it S1A, and the two volumes S1A1 and S1A2.
What does anybody think about something like:
- 2 boxes, each with two GigE
- multiple SCSI drives per box
- mounting all the drives with  iSCSI
- using a volume manager (EVLM perhaps) to build shared and raided space on top of the drives