Re: [Xen-users] Hardware suggestion and XEN selection

Hi,

1. Which distribution should I use for XEN (SuSE 10.1 minimal system with development?)
SL 10.1 seems to be a very good choice, Xen is running out of the box!

> I worry, that if no development is included I cannot upgrade, and
> since XEN is still in a development status, it might be necessary.
If you use only SuSE-update-rpm for getting new Xen-versions you don't need compiler and development.

2. Can I use the existing partition (C: = Windows) within a new virtual machine? (as well as the data partition d:)
Does your AMD already support Pacifica? If not Windows will NOT run!

Anyway I would not use a shared, physical partition for using Windows native or in a VM. The real and VM-hardware is too different, may be you need "accelerators" in the VM for getting it run better and finaly the handling of just an image-file instead of a real Windows-partition is much easier!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf