Re: [Xen-users] Installing CentOS 4.3 Guest OS

Am Mittwoch, den 24.05.2006, 17:40 -0700 schrieb Demetri Mouratis:
> I've been struggling to figure out how to install a CentOS 4.3 guest
> OS on top of my Xen-enabled FC5. I've already gotten a good guest FC5
> installed but can't get CentOS going.  My first attempt was to use the
> rpmstrap approach which seemed terribly dated.  Then, I went to the
> FC4 documentation approach of running yum to install the CentOS os
> inside a filesystem image. This worked and now I'm trying to start my
> new domain which fails.
>
> Here's my xen configuration:
>
> [root@db4 ~]# cat /etc/xen/xendomain2
> # Automatically generated xen config file
> kernel ="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5xenU"
> memory = "256"
> name = "xendomain2"
> disk = [ 'file:/home/xen/xendomain2,sda1,w' ]
> root = "/dev/sda1"
> extra = "ro selinux=0 3"
>
> And the kernel I'm running:
>
> [root@db4 ~]# rpm -q kernel-xenU
> kernel-xenU-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5
>
> And here's what happens when I try to start xendomain2:
>
> [root@db4 ~]# xm create -c xendomain2
> Using config file "/etc/xen/xendomain2".
> Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

Seems not to be related to CentOS.

Can you loop-mount the file "/home/xen/xendomain2" (_is_ it a file?) and
chroot into it?

Did you look into the xen logfiles (for xen2 it's /var/log/xend.log,
don't know xen3)?

/nils.

btw: did you copy the xenU kernel modules into the domU filesystem?