[Xen-users] Re: [Fedora-xen] Easiest way to compile custom kernel, for fedora +openswan+xen+patchomatic

On May 29, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Gawain Lynch wrote:

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 00:19 -0500, Tom Bishop wrote:
[...] do I patch a fedora source or start with a vanilla kernel? I know what I
want but am unsure what is the best way?

There's a how-to here that leads you most of the way:
        http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/414

To add patches, just add them to the SOURCES directory and then reference them in the .spec file (you have to reference the patches twice in the .spec file, first to define that "patch 123" is "filename.patch" and then later when and how to apply "patch 123").

When you run rpmbuild it helpfully builds all the different versions of the kernel (no xen, xen0, xenU, ...) for the specified target architecture.

 - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/