RE: [Xen-users] Unmodified guests on Dell 380

  • To: "Serge Dubrouski" <sergeyfd@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:40:32 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 30 May 2006 11:39:43 -0700

Have either of you tried installing with "no graphics" (however you tell
that to the installer - I don't actually know). From what I understand,
there's some problems with some graphical installers, because they do
"weird things" (like big real-mode and such - which is hard on VT
because they don't have big-real mode - never mind that HVM is brokened
in that it checks for "realmode" and then uses the segment value as a
base address, and if it's NOT realmode, uses a zero-based segment always
- which isn't always right). I'm not SURE if this solves anything, but
I'd give it a try if you haven't...

--
Mats