[Xen-users] How to enable VMX?

Hello,

 I'm trying to use the VT technology on box but when I start Xen VMX is
disabled by Feature Control MSR as shown in the following message:

 Xen version 3.0.2-3 (guill@xxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian
1:3.3.5-13)) Wed May 31 16:07:00 CEST 2006
 Latest ChangeSet: Tue May 30 18:14:05 2006 +0100 9697:18e8e613deb9
(XEN) Initializing CPU#0
(XEN) Detected 3391.682 MHz processor.
(XEN) CPU: Trace cache: 12K uops, L1 D cache: 16K
(XEN) CPU: L2 cache: 2048K
(XEN) CPU: Physical Processor ID: 0
(XEN) CPU: Processor Core ID: 0
(XEN) VMX disabled by Feature Control MSR.
(XEN) Intel machine check architecture supported.
(XEN) Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#0.
(XEN) CPU0: Intel P4/Xeon Extended MCE MSRs (24) available
(XEN) CPU0: Thermal monitoring handled by SMI
(XEN) CPU0: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz stepping 02
(XEN) Booting processor 1/1 eip 90000
(XEN) Initializing CPU#1
(XEN) CPU: Trace cache: 12K uops, L1 D cache: 16K
(XEN) CPU: L2 cache: 2048K
(XEN) CPU: Physical Processor ID: 0
(XEN) CPU: Processor Core ID: 1
(XEN) VMX disabled by Feature Control MSR.
(XEN) Intel machine check architecture supported.
(XEN) Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#1.
(XEN) CPU1: Intel P4/Xeon Extended MCE MSRs (24) available
(XEN) CPU1: Thermal monitoring enabled
(XEN) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz stepping 02
(XEN) Total of 2 processors activated.
(XEN) Testing NMI watchdog --- CPU#0 okay. CPU#1 okay.

 The cpu is a pentium D dual-core and I have the following information
about it:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 6
model name      :               Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 3391.682
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx lm constant_tsc
pni monitor ds_cpl vmx cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 6786.28
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 128
power management:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 6
model name      :               Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 3391.682
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 1
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx lm constant_tsc
pni monitor ds_cpl vmx cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 6786.28
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 128
power management:

 The "vmx" is present in the flags field so the processor has the VT
technology but it seems that it's not enabled. I looked in the BIOS
but there is nothing to enable VT. There is only something to enable the
hyper-threading (and I think it doesn't work because I only see 2 CPUS).

 Do you know how to enable VMX feature? Is it an option during the
compilation of Xen? or during the boot?

Thanks for your help,
Guillaume