Van: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens Dan Hawker
Verzonden: woensdag 31 mei 2006 17:58
Aan: jsiepkes@xxxxxxxxx
CC: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: [Xen-users] Xen, LDAP and Berkeley DB

 Or beter, somebody who runs a live LDAP server inside a
> domU ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hi Jasper,

I run a couple of instances of Fedora Directory Services inside Xen VMs.
Admittedly they are hardly under any strain (we're a relatively small shop
with roughly 50-70 concurrent users) it sits there quite happily ticking
along. In fact the DomU in question is sharing the hardware with other
DomU's and then the DomU itself is running a few services (FDS, DNS, DHCP
& host for PXE).

Box is a HP DL380G4 with dual Xeons (3.4Ghz IIRC) and 4GB RAM. I've only
allocated 512MB RAM to the FDS/DNS/DHCP/PXE DomU. The other DomU's are
used for software development (mostly building and compiling) so the
machine as a whole gets a fair beating. All Dom0 and DomUs are FC4
(32bit).

We have an identical box that is configured similarly to allow for some
redundancy wrt FDS/DNS/DHCP/PXE.

Works like a charm, but as mentioned the FDS/DNS/DHCP/PXE boxen are not
really that loaded as we're a relatively small shop.

HTH

Dan