Re: [Xen-users] General Question about NFS speed and XEN

On Saturday 03 June 2006 6:24 pm, Robert Welz wrote:
> Before I start evaluating different filesystems like iSCSI od GDFS, I
> want to know if the bottleneck is here NFS or XEN in general? I mean I
> know that FTP and NFS is not really comparable but.. will I get a lot
> more speed with onother filesystem?

as you point, FTP and NFS are two really different beasts; but also remember
that NFS have a lot of configurable options.  sometimes one setting could
improve performace in a given situation and degrade it on others.

at least, try changing these:

- TCP vs UDP transport.
- higher rsize and wsize (default 1024, some recommend 8192)
- lower rsize/wsize (sometimes just below MTU is better)

--
Javier