Re: [Xen-users] Xen and NAS

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 8:20 pm, Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
> I am planning a Xen deployment for our servers. Are NAS devices
> recommended for running the Xen DomU images from?

the NAS term (never a good term, IMHO), is too vage.  generally, it's much
better if the protocols between the storage (NAS in your question) and the
applications (the Xen boxes) is block-based (FC, iSCSI, GNBD, AoE) instead of
file-based (NFS, Samba, AFS)

> If I had two servers connected to the NAS and used heartbeat, will
> this be a good setup for failovers, redundancy, etc?

i believe somebody here in the list wrote the needed scripts to make HA
initiate the rebooting of a DomU on the still working box, don't remember
who...

--
Javier