[Xen-users] Newbie alert

Hi

I'm a newbie (got to start from somewhere ;-) with Xen. I'm trying to install Xen on my Linux system (a personal distribution based on Slackaware). Because it's my own distribution things are a little different on my system then the general accepted practices in the big distributions (examples: My startup and system configuration is a port of the OpenBSD startup and system configuration, My kernel doesn't support modules) and thus requires some integration work to make Xen work.
Sorry for the long introduction.
 The questions I gathered so far:
1. dom0 refers to the host OS?
2. domU refers to a guest OS? And if there is more than 1 then any/all of them?
3. What is the directory linux-2.6-xen-sparse for?
4. in the user documentation it refers to the directory linux-[version]-xen0 for the xen kernel. But there is no such directory. I guess in 3.0.2 it refers to linux-[version]-xen? 5. I always use the latest (and greatest) Linux kernel, currently it's 2.6.16.20. Xen has the latest and greatest to the time of publishing, 2.6.16. I tried applying the patch to 2.6.16.20, but it failed in a few places and broke the kernel compilation later on. Did anyone try this and succeed? 6. The documentation says to use the argument ARCH=xen when building a custom kernel. But when I try it it fails with no such directory (because there isn't a xen directory under arch). 7. I always customize the kernels and get rid of all the unneeded options (any option I know I will never use). What options are a mandatory in a xen kernel in dom0 and domU(apart from the Xen sub menu)?

TIA
Paolo