Re: [Xen-users] minimal memory requirements

Hi Jason

I run a barebone slackware system. dom0 won't be running any services what so ever. Each service (and by service I mean: application) will have it's own domain.

TIA
Paolo

Jason Clark wrote:

I run my dom0 with 128M and it also performs software RAID and LVM duties. Note that this is a linuxfromscratch build, so it's very barebones. If you use a similar distro like Gentoo, I would think you could get by with 96 to 128 meg, don't forget about swap!
Paolo Supino wrote:

Hi

The system I'm running Xen on has 512MB RAM. I want to have as much as possible free memory for the guest OSes that I will be running. What is the minimal memory requirements for dom0?

TIA
Paolo