Re: [Xen-users] Best Distro for Xen, Software Raid and LVM

tony> I would like to put the root directory on raid.

I run Debian sarge with my root on software RAID (but not including
LVM; I do use LVM for other partitions).  Instead of using the Xen
binaries, I used the Xen 3.0.2-2 sources to patch and rebuild the
kernel (2.6.16.9 that I got directly from kernel.org).  As far as the
software RAID stuff goes, I just built the kernel and created initrd
in the normal ways (manually adding the initrd entry to my grub
config), and it booted fine with grub.

I'm no kernel-building genius, so it actually took me quite a while to
work my way through what are essentially straightforward steps
outlined in the above paragraph.
--
bill-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119