[Xen-users] Re: X11 inside an unprivileged domain

Hi Michael,

Michael Smith schrieb:

I would like to use XEN to install multiple operating systems on a
single machine. I want to have netbsd -current for use as a router and
ubuntu linux as a workstation. If I install ubuntu in an unprivileged
domain can I give it access to the video card so that it can run X11?

I have googled for information on this and it doesn't appear to be
possible. I thought I would ask on the possibility that there might be a
way to do it.
That depends. Do you want ubuntu to be a domX on the xen server? Then you could use ubuntu as the system for dom0, or you could use a pci video card and relocate that to a ubuntu domU.

But do you really sit and work at the xen server itself? If you have a separate workstation you work at you could use standard X11 forwarding from the domU(s) to the workstation.

Dirk