Re: [Xen-users] Failed to boot suse 10.1(domain 0) with IBM xSeries 330

On Friday 16 June 2006 17:22, Jonathan Ervine wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 08:25, yu dan wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I have setup xen on a number of different machines already; however, I
> > couldn't get xSeries 330 working with Xen.
> >
> > When it boots up, it says "Waiting for device /dev/sda1 .... device not
> > found" and then return a shell prompt.
>
> Is the disk correctly reported as sda1 during the installation process? I'd
> say this is less of a XEN specific error and closer to something that has
> gone wrong with the actual SUSE 10.1 installation.

I would agree with this, but would also suggest that using the current
SUSE/Novell rpms (from forge.novell.com) would be a more promising
way of getting this stuff to work than the method outined in the original
post.

The problems are unlikely to be directly hardware-related.

The error "Waiting for device..." typically means that there's something wrong
with the initrd (which on SUSE contains encoded information about the root
partition).

--
Roger Whittaker
Primary  Support Engineer