[Xen-users] Memory leak in i2o (kernel 2.6.16-xen)

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Esteban Sancho" <esteban.sancho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:37:39 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:38:21 -0700

Hi folks,

The xen system I'm running is experiencing some memory related
problems since I installed an Adaptec 2400A Raid controller. Once
booted, it starts eating the system memory and finally crashes when it
runs out of it. It takes less than 10 minutes to crash a Dom0 with 256
MB so it seems to be really hungry :o)
I'm running xen on CentOS 4.3 and the problem doesn't appear if I boot
using the default kernel (without xen). I started digging into the
problem and trying with both binary and source kernel 2.6.16-xen
installation with identical results. I finally found a known problem
in the i2o drivers and the patch specified in the following link:

http://openvz.org/pipermail/devel/2006-March/000266.html

I checked into the linux-2.6.16-xen source tree and the patch doesn't
seem to be applied. I tried to find some information in both the xen
users and devel mailing lists but with no success.

Does anybody know if the patch was already applied in any
distribution? I'll try and apply the patch and see what happens in the
meantime.

Thanks in advance,

Esteban