Re: [Xen-users] XenMan

FreeBSD Prospect wrote:
Is this supposed to run in an X environment in Dom0?

I thought, it's best to keep Dom0 slim, with only the few needed services for DomU administration. Is X acceptable in Dom0?

I think the best idea would be to have a backend daemon on Dom0, to which such a tool can connect to. However, at this early stage of development, I think making it an X11 client is acceptable. Plus, who is saying the X server would run in the Dom0, you can run the application over the network onto a remote X11 Server.

Also, if you look at the tool more closely, it only works with file-backed DomU. This is clearly not yet a production-ready tool, but as it is today, it might be good for home users looking to play with Xen. Home users, by the way, have been setting up X11 servers in their Dom0 -- for better or for worse, they're doing it.

--
Eric Windisch