[Xen-users] network-nat and dhcp

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Ramon Hernandez" <ray@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:04:20 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:04:59 -0700

I am very new to xen and I have been searching the net all day looking
for some info on this. I am trying to use the "network-nat" and
"vif-nat" scripts to do auto nat and dhcp for a local domU on my
machine.

If I use the standard network/vif-bridge scripts, I can get a dhcp
address from my company's network. This is a good sign since it means
that the bridging is working the way that it should. However I don't
wnat this domU to be on the company lan. I want it to be on a private
lan on my machine that shares my machine's network connection.

Is network/vif-nat the best way to accomplish this. I have been
searching google and the xen-users archives, but there is not very
much info on this. Thanks in advance for  any advice. What I would
love is a good betworking resource for xen, if anyone has a link. The
xen wiki is a bit sparse on the details.
--Ray