RE: [Xen-users] Can we run more virtual machine than the memory avaible?

You need enough RAM.

What you COULD do, assuming the GUEST OS supports it, is to reduce the
amount of RAM you give each guest, and let the guest swap to disk.

The reason you can't overcommit memory from Xen's side of things is that
the Xen hypervisor doesn't actually know how (or what) to swap to/from
disk. This is, primarily, because we don't actually want Xen to do this
(since it wouldn't actually know which parts of memory the OS is using
for what...), but also because the hypervisor doesn't have a clue what a
hard-disk is - there's no drivers for any storage-device in Xen.

--
Mats