[Xen-users] Booting domU off partition instead of image file

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dominic Tynes" <dominict@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:46:11 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:00:17 -0700

I have a dom0 (FC5+Xen) installed on one partition and WinXPSP2 installed on
a second partition.

Grub lets me boot into either.

I have two image files on the dom0 partition that lets me run domU linux
images.

Can I run the existing WinXPSP2 install as a domU?

I have tried but get a grub error when I "point" the Windows domU cfg at the
grub partition.  Tried pointing directly at the Windows partition with even
less success.

Is this even possible or do I have to install Windows into an image file?

Dominic