Re: [Xen-users] Xen w/ IntelVT->Windows Success Report

  • To: "Michael Walker" <Michael.Walker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Sachiko Yoshihama" <sachiko.yoshihama@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:58:36 +0900
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 05:59:18 -0700

Hi Mike,

I tried xen-unstable and I could finally install WinXP on domU!
Thank you for your help!

I still have some problems with xen-unstable, such as dom0 crushes
at init (that I poorly worked out) and dom0 cannot resolve host names.
But they seem to be issues on building xen-unstable.

Thanks again for your kind help.

Sachiko

On 6/27/06, Michael Walker <Michael.Walker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sachiko Yoshihama wrote:

> Did you choose "Standard PC"?

yes

> Did you try 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5xen0  as well?

yes - I did try the FC5 version of Xen first.  The problem
I had was the whole system would reboot (Domain0 & GuestDomain).

It wasn't until I went to xen-unstable that I could get a
working system.  I've not yet tried 'xen-testing' - that's
something I should put on my todo list.....

Good luck,
   _Mike_