RE: AW: [Xen-users] HVM problem

  • To: "Jerry Amundson" <jerry@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:33:27 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:36:39 -0700

> > Yes, Model 43 is an older X2 processor. The SVM-enabled processors
> > will report this in flags (svm), and you should have a
> "model" of 67
> > or something like that to indicate the generation of processor that
> > supports SVM. There may be earlier model numbers that also
> work - I'm
> > just going by what my current processor says.
>
> Yuk, this is where the  Wiki
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HVM_Compatible_Processors can get
> ugly... Is the earliest Model number released with SVM support
> documented anywhere?

I would say any Rev F processor available to the public (i.e. not early
engineering samples or such) that have a Model of 64(0x40)+, should be
fine. I'm 99% sure that the model number of 67 is the public release,
but it may be higher. I'd be very surprised if it's lower, since that
would not be a "good thing" when it comes to software detecting
features(or bugs) by checking model number vs. some fixed constant.

--
Mats