Re: [Xen-users] A classic... Network inside domU

  • To: "Lars Erik Dangvard Jensen" <lars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "François Lapointe" <flapointe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:02:34 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:03:10 -0700

That's funny: I understand so much your situation.

François

2006/6/28, Lars Erik Dangvard Jensen <lars@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Ok, I think I have all these modules static compiled in my dom0 kernel
(http://www.dangvard.dk/xen3/dom0config).
But I'm not sure what exactly the modules are called in the dom0 config
file. E.g. tun is called CONFIG_TUN etc.

***5 minutes later....***

OMG! I see that I have physically connected the servers eth0 to a wrong
cable, a wifi ethernet adapter (not a switch!), which is ONLY assigned
one IP-address...!
LONG LIVE CABLE CHAOS ON MY FLOOR!

Sorry, Francois, to waste your precious time. But now this kind of
problem also reached the xen-user list! :S

I could have made something up, to hide my own mistake... but I think
it's pretty funny that I've spend 2 days searching for at problem that
wasn't there. I really hope it amuses others on the list a bit ;)

Thanks for your help.